Friday, January 1, 2021

Book Review: Mistystar's Omen by Erin Hunter (Warriors Novella #2)

 


The first review of 2021. Of the last book I read in 2020. It's a short but sweet one! So let's see how Mistystar handles the conflict in this novella. Spoilers ahead.

In Mistystar's Omen, the new RiverClan leader finds out that her medicine cat, Mothwing, lacks the necessary faith in StarClan. Disgusted by this, Mistystar demotes her to being a regular RiverClan cat. But when the Clan leader's son ends up in life-threatening danger, Mistystar has to face her decision head-on.

This was honestly just pretty much what I expect of a Warriors novella. Short but sweet stories filling in the gaps or giving backstory to characters. And for what it is, it worked. It wasn't an amazing book or anything, but I liked what we got.

Mistystar is a character I don't care too much about, but I did like reading her POV in this book, which I think we've never gotten before. I also liked Mothwings characterization, and how she's determined to defend her stance on StarClan even against her Clan leader.

The pacing was a bit quick, maybe a bit too quick, even as far as Warriors novellas go, but it was still enjoyable.

Honestly, it was just a fine addition to the Warriors canon. There's really not much to be said about it, it's just solid.

Rating: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment