Saturday, October 15, 2022

Book Review: Nature's Giants by Graeme D. Ruxton

 

 

More non-fiction, this time about large animals. Enjoy!

In Nature's Giants, Ruxton establishes several facts about large creatures before finally delving into many types of animals and the largest ones of each type. Not only currently living animals are covered, but even extinct ones. There's also a separate chapter dedicated to other large organisms, such as plants.

Overall I had a good time reading this book. The writing style was very to-the-point and rather accessible if you ask me. I like how both extinct and extant animals are featured, since animals uses to generally be a lot larger such as in the time of the dinosaurs. I also did not expect a chapter on large trees and seaweeds as well, but it was very welcome as that's something I don't usually read about. 

The book was presentation was also very pleasing, with many beautiful photographs and illustrations, as well as some handy graphs explaining certain concepts to the reader. 

This is honestly just a short review because I don't have a lot to remark on. It's a solid book. I liked it overall a lot, though it's not one of my personal favorite non-fictions I've ever read. Still, very educative!

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment