Monday, March 27, 2023

Book Review: Beloved Beasts by Michelle Nijhuis

 

A book I randomly picked up at the bookstore because it looked promising!

In this non-fiction Nijhuis tells us about wildlife conservation and its history in the past, including the many people who have contributed to it.

Overall a good book and I definitely can see why people would love this one, but it didn't do it for me all that much. It kept me engaged and all, but that was pretty much it. I do love the topic of nature/animal non-fiction but this book was really more about the people protecting the wildlife than the wildlife itself. And a title like Beloved Beasts of course has the reader think it'll actually be about the animals directly.

The animals are of course brought up, but more so in passing to talk about the people who have helped with protecting them in the past than as actual animals. Based on the title I expected this to be a book with chapters dedicated to various endangered and possibly extinct animals, what I got was just not what I wanted.

So overall this is a thorough book on the topic of wildlife conservation and I do recommend it if that interests you, but don't go in thinking it's actually directly about the animals themselves or you'll likely be disappointed.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment